ID-001-RESP - Type III Advanced SWAT Operations for Terrorist Environments
The preparedness of State and Local SWAT teams is one of the major initiatives of the United States Department of Homeland Security. Under the Department of Homeland Security typing system, there are three typing classifications ranging from a Type III team (the basis of this course), to a Type I team, the most equipped and capable. The typing system has been created to flow with the overall Incident Command System (ICS) structure. In response to the Department of Homeland Security’s creation of the SWAT Team Typing system, the Government Training Institute (GTI), has created three advanced courses for SWAT teams.
Advanced SWAT Operations Type III for Terrorist Environments
- TYPE III SWAT COURSE (15 DAYS) DHS PRE APPROVED COURSE
- After multiple agency requests we now offer the Type III Advanced SWAT course with self-study and live fire range practice in advance of the class which allows the program to be shortened to 10 delivery days. This allows the agency to save on the total down time that their officers are off duty for training while still getting the full hours of the program.
- Contact GTI by calling 803-259-1935 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, for further details.
- For part-time SWAT teams without rappelling responsibilities.
- Training Calendar Course Dates
- Download the Type III SWAT Packet
- Download the Advanced SWAT Student Registration Form
The Government Training Institute, Inc. announces the SWAT Type III course curriculum that has been reviewed and approved by D.H.S.’s Office of Grants & Training. This allows states the opportunity to apply their DHS training grant funding toward tuition, overtime, meals, lodging, and associated backfill costs for their first responders to attend.
Type III SWAT was created to standardize SWAT training throughout the United States and to define for Incident Commanders asset capabilities and current resources available during a crisis. This program is the first model program for nation-wide SWAT team classifications and gives team commanders training programs and asset requirements to be considered a Type III Category SWAT Team. The Type III SWAT Operator’s Course is the most comprehensive SWAT program ever to be offered to state and local agencies. The program covers 41 separate modules in 15 days.
State and local law enforcement agencies can utilize Department of Homeland Security Grant Program (HSGP) funds to pay for the course. It is important to note that although this training and the use of these Funds is approved by DHS, the agency's State Administrative Agencies (SAA) Training Point of Contact (POC) must approve the use of the funds to attend the course.
Contact GTI, by calling 803-259-1935 or emailing email@example.com, and we can provide tuition information and directions on how to proceed with gaining approval to utilize your states DHS funds to attend training.
Another option to assist with funding is GTI's Asset Trading Program (ATP). Click the link in the menu above to find out more about this program.