ID-003-RESP - Type I Advanced SWAT Operations for Terrorist Environments
The preparedness of State and Local SWAT teams is one of the major initiatives of the United States Department of Homeland Security. Under the Department of Homeland Security typing system, there are three typing classifications ranging from a Type III team, the least capable to a Type I team (the basis of this course), the most equipped and capable. The typing system has been created to flow with the overall Incident Command System (ICS) structure. In response to the Department of Homeland Security’s creation of the SWAT Team Typing system, the Government Training Institute (GTI), has created three advanced courses for SWAT teams.
Advanced SWAT Operations for Terrorist Environments Type I
- TYPE I SWAT COURSE (20 DAYS) DHS PRE APPROVED COURSE
- After multiple agency requests we now offer the Type I Advanced SWAT course with self-study and live fire range practice in advance of the class which allows the program to be shortened to 15 delivery days. This allows the agency to save on the total down time that their officers are off duty for training while still getting the full hours of the program.
- Contact GTI by calling 803-259-1935 or emailing email@example.com, for further details.
- For full-time SWAT teams with robot, tech surveillance, rappelling and fast roping capabilities.
- Training Calendar Course Dates
- Download the Type I SWAT Packet
- Download the Advanced SWAT Student Registration Form
The Government Training Institute, Inc. announces the SWAT Type I course curriculum that has been reviewed and approved by D.H.S.’s Office of Grants & Training. This allows states the opportunity to apply their DHS training grant funding toward tuition, overtime, meals, lodging, and associated backfill costs for their first responders to attend.
Type I SWAT was created to standardize SWAT training throughout the United States and to define for Incident Commanders asset capabilities and current resources available during a crisis. This program is the first model program for nation-wide SWAT team classifications and gives team commanders training programs and asset requirements to be considered a Type I Category SWAT Team. The Type I SWAT Operator’s Course is the most comprehensive SWAT program ever to be offered to state and local agencies. The program covers 50 separate modules in 20 days.
State and local law enforcement agencies can utilize Department of Homeland Security Grant Program (HSGP) funds to pay for the course. It is important to note that although this training and the use of these Funds is approved by DHS, the agency's State Administrative Agencies (SAA) Training Point of Contact (POC) must approve the use of the funds to attend the course.
Contact GTI, by calling 803-259-1935 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, and we can provide tuition information and directions on how to proceed with gaining approval to utilize your states DHS funds to attend training.
Another option to assist with funding is GTI's Asset Trading Program (ATP). Click the link in the menu above to find out more about this program.